Welcome to this month’s Paper Crafting Blog Hop featuring the theme Fall. I am excited to share another project with you today. Fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from all over the globe are participating, so we have lots of fun projects to share with you. I hope you get loads of creative inspiration from them. You may have started here, or arrived from the talented Tracy Held’s blog. Wasn’t her project amazing? Either way, you’re in the right place!
When I saw that the theme was Fall (we call it autumn in Australia, and it is spring here at the moment) I knew I would use the Beauty of the Earth DSP. The colours in this paper are so vibrant and have strong “autumnal” overtones. I also decided that these colours would lend themselves to a Thinking of You card. This is what I came up with.
- Stamps: – Beauty of the Earth
- Inks: – Cinnamon Cider, Misty Moonlight, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black Marker (for birds’ eyes)
- Card: – Cinnamon Cider, Merry Merlot, Shimmer Card, Whisper White, Vellum, Mossy Meadow, Beauty of Friendship DSP
- Tools: – Beautiful Trees Dies, Aquapen, Stampin Dimensionals
- Embellishments: – Holiday Rhinestones
I had fun doing a multicoloured wash on the Shimmer Card before adhering the tree trunk and DSP diecut foliage on top. I hope you are inspired by my card. I’d love to know what you think! Thanks for joining us for our Blog Hop.
Click on the link below and you will be taken to Julia Quinn’s blog. I’m sure she will have something amazing to share.
Here’s a list of hoppers in case you get off the trail:
Shirley Merker Tracy Held Annette McMillan>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOU ARE HERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>! Julia Quinn Sue Boerner Terri Stewart Joy Nelson Krissi Hannas
That’s it for now, thanks for hopping by, til next time,
- Shop my ONLINE STORE – please use my current host code and receive a small gift from me unless your order is over $250, in which case you will receive host rewards yourself
- Join Netty’s Inkers Team – Discount Shoppers, Hobbyists, Part Time & Full Time welcome
- See my class schedule
- Socialise with me on facebook
- Email Me
How do you get your watercolor wash to look so good? I need a class from you!
Haha, thanks Joy, I used Shimmery White card which doesn’t pill and resists adsorbing the water to some extent. Controlled amount of water. Keep paper towel at hand.
Annette I love your watercolor wash and use of this great fall DSP. Great card and thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much Krissi
Oh wow, I have never tried a color wash, but your card is inspiring me to give it a try!!! Wonderful card!
Thanks so much Sue. It’s not hard!
A WOW card! The wash is a perfect background.
Thanks so much Nancy
I think I am going to have to CASE your watercolor wash. Very pretty!
What a lovely card – your wash in the background is perfect!!
WOW – the background effect is amazing! What a wonderful way to celebrate these autumnal tones!!
The background is fantastic. Gorgeous card
Fabulous color wash for a Fall card! I love the 2 birds in the tree, great design elements. Thanks for sharing!